When the circuit breaker is the best isolating device for electrical lockout, Circuit-Safe provides the
fastest, easiest and most reliable circuit breaker lockout system available.
- Circuit-Safe supports the lockout requirements of OSHA 1910.147 and NFPA 70E
- Circuit-Safe can help you meet the NFPA 70 NEC 2014 requirement for permanent lockout hardware because Circuit-Safe is permanently mounted to the circuit breaker panel. Specifically, Article 110.25 in NEC 2014 requires that in situations where an electrical circuit must be locked out, the provision for locking out the circuit “shall remain in place with or without the lock installed.”
How It Works:
The Circuit-Safe rail assembly is designed with pre-spaced slots that correspond
to the spacing of the breaker handles. Slotted lockout pins are inserted
into the slots in the rail assembly. When the hinged cover is closed and
locked, the lockout pins are locked in place. The lockout pins prevent the
breaker handle from being switched to the on position. As a result, circuits
are locked out and can’t be reactivated until the safety lock is removed and
the lockout pins are removed.
The heart of the Circuit-Safe lockout system is the hinged rail system.
Stranco manufactures the rail system from cold rolled steel to ensure that
once it’s installed on the panel with self-tapping screws, it’s not going anywhere. As a result, you
can load Circuit-Safe up with safety locks and tug on them all you want; the lockout system remains
steadfast and secure.
The 1-Way and 2-Way lockout pins are machined from aluminum while the Spade Pin, Hook Pin,
and Cup Pin are fabricated with steel reinforced injection molded nylon; ensuring they won’t fail.
For more Circuit-Safe information, click on any of the following resource documents. A new printable
web-page will open.
- Circuit-Safe Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Images of Circuit-Safe Lockout Installations (PDF)
- Information on Completing a Panel Survey (PDF)
- Standard Panel Survey Procedure (PDF)
- Standard Panel Data Sheet (PDF)
- Large Breaker Survey Procedure (PDF)
- Circuit-Safe Part Numbers (PDF)
- Circuit-Safe Accessories (PDF)
- Circuit-Safe Installation (PDF)
To see Circuit-Safe in action, watch a Circuit-Safe video:
Click here to view all Stranco videos on YouTube!
Questions? Contact a Circuit-Safe Product Specialist.